Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sullivan's Island Beach Day!

Another post from a couple weeks back. These are actually of our first beach day, back when we were white and pasty. (Or at least I was.)   As you'll see, this was a much quieter beach, with super warm water and very few people. The sand was damp and compact and hard (people were even riding their bikes on it!) so it wasn't really great for playing in the sand or burying people, but I think this was still my favourite beach of all of them so far. I may be an extrovert, but I can't stand crowds.

See? A perfect beach day, but yet... nearly empty.

That there is the Atlantic ocean, my friends. If you were to swim directly perpendicular to this coastline, you'd cross the Atlantic and end up in Namibia. I looked on a map. (If you swam directly East you'd end up in Morocco.)

 You can tell they don't get to the beach much. Don't they look like such tourists???


 Why make one sand castle when you can make 7234?


It took her over 2 hours to get this brave.

Wrapped up a perfect beach day with excellent burgers and fish tacos at Poe's on the main street in town!

No comments: