Some general observations about life in England.
Things I Like
- Adorable little villages amidst green fields.
- Fresh milk delivered to your house.
- Birds singing all the time.
- 'Location, Location, Location' on TV. Kirstie and Phil, I miss you! Why aren't you on HGTV Canada anymore?
- Cute little pubs: at least one per village!
- Dogs in pubs.
- A pervasive sense of marinating in history, every which way you turn.
- People who call you 'darling' when they don't even know you.
- Houses that have names instead of street addresses.
- Fountain pens.
- Friendly people enthusiastically - and genuinely - offering to babysit your kids.
- Little kids with cute British accents.
Things I Don't Like
- Jet lag.
- Carpeted bathrooms.
- Carpeted PUBLIC bathrooms. Ew.
- Stunningly expensive groceries: twice the price for a package half the size. Yowza.
- Separate taps for hot and cold water in the bathroom sink. Scalding or icy: your call.
- Racial homogeneity. Where did all the Asians go?
- Driving standard. (This is NOT limited to England; I hate driving standard anywhere in the world!)