Saturday, June 30, 2012

Weather and Waterparks

Charleston is certainly showing us its summer heat! It's been quite warm here, making us realize why air conditioning is really so critical in living here. I don't think any of us would be able to sleep if the house wasn't air conditioned!
Weather forecasts here include a 'heat index' which is like our 'wind chill' factor at home. The actual temperature is affected by humidity and other circumstances, so it feels hotter than it actually is.
Well. Let me tell you: it feels plenty hot.  

For example, today's forecast is 95F, which is 35C. But with the heat index, it's supposed to feel like 106F, which is 41.1C.   Yowza!

Yesterday we found a local waterpark. I only took a couple photos before putting away the camera and going to play in the water. I was going to take a few at the end of our visit, but by that time my phone was actually too hot to touch - as was the concrete!
But imagine living in your oven, and then having the opportunity to play here:



The kids had a BLAST!  I'm sure we'll be back.

No comments: